Monday, October 6, 2008

My "creating beauty" project last week...

Ok so I followed President Uchtdorf's counsel at Women's Conference last week and I took some time last week to "create beauty." It really only took me about an hour total one day to do this... and here are my lame directions on how to do it...

You will need:

Wood letters - any size or shape
I bought letters at Joann's fabric store - they were $1 off (off $1.99) so I got a deal!

Scrapbook paper - any kind

Mod Podge - like a glue (at any craft store)

Ribbon - again, any kind

Sand paper

Scissors

Hot glue

Just trace the wood letter upside down on the back of a piece of scrapbook paper

Cut it out (told you my directions were lame :-) - cut a little smaller than the actual letter

Glue onto the top of the front of the letter with the Mod Podge - let dry

Once dry, sand edges of wood and paper lightly - gives it a worn/aged look... I personally like the vintage look, but if you dont, then dont sand it.

Tie ribbon in a bow and hot glue ends to the back of the letter... took me some time to get it all even, but you are smarter than me and can probably figure it out quicker :-)

Ta-da you are done!! So cute huh??!!

Ok so its not perfect but I think its dang cute and Liane likes it so..... enjoy!

5 comments:

Tara said...

Love it, I'm even going to do it! :) But halloween themed!

Pamela said...

I bought all the stuff to do this over 6 months ago and it's still sitting in my living room...lol

Erin said...

You're the woman!

Luber family said...

That is so cute! You have motivated me to do something like that for Shanelle! That would be an awesome Super Saturday project. I love the Halloween idea too!

Tanya said...

I am so impressed! They look amazing. I painted letters for Jacq's room months ago and I still haven't hung them up. You have inspired me and tomorrow those letters are going up!