Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Running


Ok most of you know that Salomon and I ran the Salt Lake City Half Marathon back in April. We decided last minute to do it and we trained hard for 8 weeks to get ready (previously the most I had ever run at one time was 6 miles and I think Salomon had only a few as well). We loved training even though it was INTENSE and since then our schedules changed and we havent been able to run. Well we found a treadmill at DI for way cheap and started running again yesterday. Boy was that great! It felt amazing to run and push my body physically again. I really miss it and I really never thought I would say that! I remember being so motivated to train once we decided to enter the marathon and so I decided that I am going to enter another race to keep the love alive so to speak. I have always wanted to run a "Turkey Trot"- basically its a 5K or 6K race held on Thanksgiving morning.... I dont know, for some reason I have always thought that would be so fun. So there, now I have said it, I must do it! I have run a half marathon so I am not worried about a 6K, although I do need to recondition my body for it. So excited!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

You go, girl! Wish I could love running...

Ness said...

You are so awesome. I would like to do another race sometime. Especially for the reconditioning the body part. Even though running is so hard, it feels so good to use your body.