Saturday, September 27, 2008

Women's Conference

I love Women's Conference! I love knowing that I am going to hear something that was for me... something that I needed to hear that will help me learn and grow. Tonight was no exception. All of the talks were wonderful, but President Uchtdorf's talk was for me so to speak... He spoke of our path to peace, hope, and joy- how to have happiness even in the midst of trials and sorrow. He answered this with asking us a question about God's happiness and what it is - or really how we can make Him happy so to speak. The part I loved and he focused on was CREATING beauty and being COMPASSIONATE. Love it! These are the two great works of our Heavenly Father and of course why should we too not be involved in this? It makes Him happy how could it not make us happy? He gave us a quote from Brigham Young and part of it I loved... "make beautiful everything around you." What a great way to live each day by trying your best to make everything around you beautiful. Im going to strive to do that each day while also trying to be more compassionate to those around me. I also love the phrase "create beauty"... wow what fun! I like to think I am pretty crafty or handy, but now I want to be even more so... I want to look for more ways to create beauty around me... it can be a project, organizing something, decorating, cleaning, helping, smiling, anything - it is limitless and sounds like fun to me!

Here are a few little quotes from tonight that I loved... (forgive me if I dont remember who said them or got that info wrong!)

"be anxiously engaged in a good cause"
"be an example of righteousness"
"be a mighty force for good"
"as we lift others we rise a little higher ourselves" Pres Uchtdorf
"work will cure your grief" Pres Hinckley
"open our eyes and see the heavy hearts" Pres Uchtdorf
"CREATE BEAUTY" Pres Uchtdorf

I cant wait for General Conference next week! I know as I ponder and pray about the things that are on my mind and in my heart, I will hear what I need to hear from the Lord - whether in a talk or by the spirit. I cannot wait!!

No comments: