Sunday, September 14, 2008

Liane's 1st Birthday!




























Wow is my little girl really 1 already??!! Time really does move too quickly, but this past year has been so fun with Liane. She has grown up so fast and is such a joy to have in our lives. This past year Liane has learned to roll over, sit up, eat food, sleep through the night, say a few words, got her first two teeth and is now walking!! She has also been on a little road trip and flew on an airplane for the first time. Liane is an outgoing, funny, sweet, huggy, kissy, smily, intelligent, active little girl. I thank God every day for the blessing of being her mommy!
For her first birthday we went as a whole family - Wirfs and Cano's - to the Hogle Zoo on Saturday. Way fun!! All of the kids and the adults had a blast. After spending 3 hours at the zoo we all went home so the kids could take naps and get ready for the party- her Backyardigans birthday party. We again had the whole family over for a BBQ, pinata, cake ( yes I made the cake from scratch... it was an Orange Spounge cake shaped and decorated like Pablo from the Backyardigans... ok so its not the best job ever, but for my first character cake I think I did a pretty good job!) and presents. Salomon also made a special video of Liane's first year on this earth. So sweet!! We again had a wonderful time and Liane had a blast! Today is Liane's official birthday and after church and her nap she got to play with her new toys and spend lots of time just with mommy and daddy which she loved - and so did we! She also got to have more cake and be sung Happy Birthday to once again. What a special day for us! I love you Liane with all of my heart and soul and am so grateful to have you as my daughter!! xoxo

4 comments:

Brad and Mo Petersen said...

So glad that Liane's first birthday was a success! Aweseome job on the cake too!

stearman family Blog said...

I can't believe she is so big. Time sure does fly. She is so cute. It was fun to see you and your family again. keep enjoying those special times.

Erin said...

Happy Birthday, Liane!! :o)

Tanya said...

I am know I am late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIANE!