Saturday, September 6, 2008

A snake in the grass


Litterally, a snake in our grass... we have a big beautiful yard out back and Salomon takes great care of our lawn. It's his pride and joy. We love the yard and can't wait for Liane to get bigger so she too can enjoy the grass and all the yard has to offer. Even my brother Jake likes to come in the backyard and just lay on the grass... it's just that good! (not to brag). Well we are not the only one's who enjoy the yard... these little snakes do as well. They are not mean, nasty snakes, but they do make quite a lot of holes in the ground which Salomon is not too happy about. I can almost count on everytime I go out back I will find a little snake trying to find a hole to slither into. I do not like snakes even though my mom and brothers constantly had them as we were growing up, but these ones don't bother me for some reason. They are "nice" ones. :-)

5 comments:

Brad and Mo Petersen said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? That's it...I can NEVER come to your backyard again.

Vanessa said...

LOL... I am surprised you even made it far enough to make a comment- I know how you HATE snakes!!

Allison said...

Vanessa...I am surprised you are ok with your new tenant. I found a snake in my yard and well, after the screaming stopped the desire to find him dead escalated...I HATE snakes.

Vanessa said...

Lol... well I would normally agree with you, but I had my daughter with me and I dont want to teach her to be afraid of snakes... she can decide that one on her own, and to be honest I guess Im kinda used to them- growing up around them and all with my mom as a Science teacher... so no worries here... if it was bigger I might change my mind :-)

Pamela said...

ewww. Well at least our grass isn't good enough for snakes...lol
I hope since we've focused so much on the inside of our house, next year I hope our yard will look much nicer!!