Saturday, September 6, 2008

The 80's

Gotta love them right?! Well I do and always will. As I was working yesterday I was listening to Accuradio and chose the "Flock of 80's" section. Man I love the 80's... so many memories flooded back to me... sock hops at Alamitos Jr High, my 6th grade crush Joey Bettencourt having Danny Romero dance with me so he could come over and "cut in", the bazillion slumber parties my best friends Stacey Belisle, Kim Runge, Kelle Hennes, Kristi Kaloust and Tori Helmick would have (bless our parents hearts!), New Kids On The Block (concert was amazing!), the big hair, neon colors, LA Gear, Tiffany, Madonna, Whitney Houston, Debbie Gibson, Bon Jovi, and when we were feeling a little crazy- Janet Jackson, toilet papering and almost getting caught, Eric Olsen, Zeyen Elementary school, Condors!, on and on and on... but now I also have some new memories of the 80's that come to me... when my husband and I were dating and engaged, he would always make me a CD of songs when he would come to see me and it seemed that they were always filled with 80's love songs/ballads. I have so many sweet memories now of those CD's and of the times we were able to spend a few days together each month before we got married. It now reminds me of San Diego where we first saw each other in person and would spend most of our time when he would come to visit. It takes me back to the time we met and fell in love... most significant is the first time we met in person... that particular CD will always be my favorite and fill me with such sweet memories, never to be forgotten. Thank you bebe for all of the wonderful memories (and CD's)!

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Being a fellow child of the 80's I am going to add to your list.
We can't leave out Joey Lawrence. WHOA!
Saved by the Bell. Zach Morris was so dreamy.
Ahh, how could we leave out Vanilla Ice and all his Ice, Ice Baby glory!

Vanessa said...

lol... oh yes, so true! Gotta love the 80's... nothing quite like it. :-)

Vanessa said...

Oooh I have more... Silver Spoons with Ricky Schroder, My Little Pony, Cabbage Patch Kids, Care Bears, Strawberry Schortcake, GI Joe, He-Man, Smurfs, Double Dare, Bop and Teen Beat magazines, really I could go on forever... and I just might!