Monday, September 22, 2008

Decisions, Decisions...

So I have a thought... it's something Salomon and I have talked about and also my mom and I... and it is this...

When I (we) have decisions to make - particularly the big ones- I make it a matter of prayer,and bring the situation, options, thoughts, desires and hopes to Heavenly Father and ask Him to guide me to make the right decision... the decision He would have me make (for I know that is where my only and true happiness rests...) so it's a "petition prayer" at this point in time. I'm just in need of guidence. Then I do all the studying it out that I can and come to some sort of conclusion that I feel is what Heavenly Father would have me do. Then the prayer becomes a "decision prayer" and I pray to confirm (or not) that the decision I have made is in accordance with His will. Confirmation = move forward with it... stuppor of thought = change the decision - it's probably not right or not right for now (in my case anyway). Ok that sounds all well and good and this process can be easy or really hard sometimes. It's a little more difficult when after all the praying and studying and searching, I still feel like I am not getting an answer or confirmation. What to do then??!! Well all I can say is that I have to move forward with what I think is best and wait patiently on the Lord so to speak. He will not leave us to make a wrong decision if we are truly seeking His will. So move forward with what you think is best and see where the path takes you... takes great faith sometimes, but the journey can be fun too!

Another thought I had was that sometimes I have received and answer to do something and continued on the path to make it happen, only to find in the end that it wasnt going to happen... the lesson I have learned from this is that sometimes (maybe I am the only one who has gone through this, but Im about 100% sure Im not) Heavenly Father just wants to test us or wants to know/see that we are WILLING to do what He asks us to do, but in the end we never had to go through with it... does that make sense?? If not then recall the story of Abraham and Isaac... ok I have not had a situation like that - thankgoodness! but the principle is the same. We are tested sometimes to see if we are willing... and sometimes that is enough and lesson is learned.

I have gone through these experiences these past few months - which was kinda tough - but I am so grateful for the lessons I have learned and the opportunity Heavenly Father gave me to draw a little closer to Him and to rely in Him a little more... not to mention get to know myself a little better too :-)

No comments: