Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Family History

Don't go to sleep just yet... I used to think that doing genealogy sounded so boring... and my Patriarchal Blessing tells me very clearly that one day I would have a desire to do this work ( and more info about it, but I dont want to go blogging the specifics about something so personal ya know? :-) Anywho... well Id say this past year I have had a huge desire to do my personal family history work and I am LOVING it! So fun! I am doing my biological line... and while I really do not have any sentimental feelings about the people I am doing the work for (they are "family" so to speak, but I do not know any of these people and have no contact or relationship with them... no hard feelings whatsoever, I just truly do not know them - for those of you lost, my mom divorced my bio dad when I was like 3 and for the most part after that I never saw my dad again. My mom remarried Carl Wirfs and he is my father all the way!!). Anyway... as I am searching for my ancestors I am getting to know their names and who they married and their childrens names and parents names, etc... so amazing to see my family line grow! I am beginning to care for these people and am honestly trying to find all of their family members so that I can perform all the work I can for everyone to give them the opportunity to be together forever. What a blessing to be able to do that for someone. I love doing this work and I have seen how Heavenly Father is opening doors for me to accomplish this... my ancestors are counting on me and I do not want to let them down! So far I have found and done most of the work for 14 females and 16 males. I have 5 couples I can seal together most of which I have found their children (one couple having 10 kids!)... what an amazing day that will be when I can have them sealed together! I cannot wait and I hope they cannot either!! So, bottom line is... I love genealogy!!

2 comments:

Us5McEuens said...

That is one thing that is cool about being a convert to the church. You will be able to do so much good for your ancestors and you will grow spiritually too. What a blessing.

Matt and Jessica said...

wow i can't believe you have a 1 yr old either. i just think that is so crazy, but she is so cute and so much bigger. I remember the first time i saw her. You are so good about doing your geneology. for three years i have said i need to get on it and haven't. i just think that would be an amazing feeling to bless that many lives.