Thursday, January 22, 2009

Playgroup

Ok so I have been thinking about doing this for a while and finally decided to just do it. I started a very small playgroup (just to see how it all works out) to meet once a week for an hour or two. Along with this I found out that the library across the street from us started up a 6 week session for infants/toddlers and their mommys, of songs, story and playtime. The best part is, its FREE!! So once a week we meet at the library for this playtime - and it turns out that many other mommys already knew about this, for there were about 20 of us there!! It was so cute and fun for the kids! After these sessions are over we will be finding other fun things we can do with the kids either outdoors, indoors or at someone's home. We are all so excited and I think this is going to work well. If any of you reading this want to join, you of course can... dont be offended if I didnt tell you about it - I really just wanted to try it and see how it worked first. Im new at this. So far it looks like Thursdays at 10:30am at the library works and when the library gig is over we may or may not be changing the day and time. We shall see. So fun and Im so glad I did it!!

4 comments:

Brad and Mo Petersen said...

Jealous. Wish I didn't live so far away.

Erin said...

Looks like fun! I'm surprised a library is hosting such a thing (since quiet is normally required there), but that's great!

Matt and Jessica said...

You are so cute. Congrats on 3 years. Time flies huh.

Tanya said...

Playgroups are the BEST! I love my mom's group and have formed some great friendships from it. Jacq has too.