Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Liane's first art project

I am putting my many years of preschool teaching into how I teach Liane... we are now working on 2-3 things per week... this week it is circles and the color red. We also have a Family Home Evening lesson each Monday night and during the week we review the lesson as we go through each day - last nights lesson was "I have a body like Heavenly Father's" and we traced our hands and colored them. This week so far we have also colored pictures with the color red, made circle pictures, played with red legos, read a shape book, sand "Head Shoulders Knees and Toes" many times, etc... we plan on making edible red playdough sometime this week too! It is so fun to sit down one on one with Liane and play and learn together... she is amazing and is such a wonderful girl. Again, I am SO blessed to be her mommy!! Here are some pics of Liane's first art project today... too cute!! (she really enjoyed the glue stick and thought that rubbing it on her cheek would be a good way to let me know she was finished :-)

2 comments:

Erin said...

Wow, what a good mommy you are! Weekly themed lessons and everything!

Ness said...

You are so creative. You should organize the things you do with her and try to sell it to other moms. That is a great idea, I am hoping Jayben will start reading this year. Ahh!