Saturday, January 31, 2009

Ok Im mad!


A friend of mine (thanks Penny) had this posted on her blog and I about died... ok not really, but I felt REALLY LAME for having NOT known this... I havent even gone in my kitchen yet to check and make sure this is for real... Im not up for the shame tonight... Here ya go...

Was this something we were supposed to learn from our Mom's?????I can't believe it's been there all this time. I had to go into the kitchen and check this out for myself.Whoever looks at the end of your aluminum foil box? You know when you try to pull some foil out and the roll comes out of the box.Then you have to put the roll back in the box and start over.The darn roll always comes out at the wrong time.Well, I would like to share this with you.Yesterday I went to throw out an empty Reynolds foil box and for some reason I turned it, and looked at the end of the box. And written on the end it said, Press here to lock end.Right there on the end of the box is a tab to lock the roll in place.How long has this little locking tab been there?I then looked at a generic brand of aluminum foil and it had one, too.I then looked at a box of Saran wrap and it had one too!I can't count the number of times the Saran wrap roll has jumped out,when I was trying to cover something up.I'm sharing this with my friends.I hope I'm not the only person that didn't know about this. I know you're going to go and check your boxes, so go ahead!

6 comments:

Erin said...

Ohmigosh, I had no idea either! Thanks so much for bringing that fun fact to light.

Luber family said...

I heard about this from Ellen Degeneres a few months ago and I immmediately pushed all the tabs in. I was blown away! Who thinks of these things? I am glad that the companies do but they should have advertised it more heavily. It is a wonderful invention, for sure!

Derek & Penny said...

Yeah! Its sure is funny, I mean we've been using this for WAY too many years to have missed such a thing. :)

Shauna said...

Ya! I totally didn't know that! I did it and went and showed my husband and he was just as impressed. If you don't mind, I want to post this on my blog too. I feel like I should share the good news!

Tanya said...

Are you serious?! And we call ourselves mothers! How did we not know this all these years? Thank you so much for all the frustration this will save me from for years to come!

canohappiness said...

Yes and now ladies we can pass this info onto future generations and break this awful cycle of ignorance and frustration!! :-)