Saturday, January 3, 2009

Lessons learned and goals made

Lessons...too many to count.

*we are on this earth to learn and grow and we do that mostly by trial and adversity

*we are in the families we are in, and especially the marriages we are in, for a reason, and that is to help us overcome our weaknesses, develope our strengths and help uplift and support one another as we progress here in this life, with the ultimate goal to help each other reach eternity together (oh yes of course to make beautiful babies too :-)

*you dont always have to be right, and even if you are always right, you dont have to point it out

*strength, true lasting strength and power comes from litterally letting go of our troubles, sorrows, and pride and giving it to Christ who has felt the pain of all we will ever go through and so much more so that He can support and comfort us as we go through hard times

*if we get a grasp of who we really are and why we are on this earth, we will find no need for misery or unhappiness... if we really truly get the point and can move mentally, emotionally and spiritually beyond what happens to us here on earth and see the eternal perspective, we will only have cause to rejoice and be happy - no matter what happens to us from day to day

*happiness is a choice

*God has a plan for me and wants me to be happy and has given me all that I need to do so... now I just need to get to work on it

*I am stronger than I think I am

*I cannot do it on my own

Goals...

*happiness daily

*service

*letting go

*eternal perspective

*enriching activities

*constant companionship of the Spirit

*read each months Ensign cover to cover before I get the next months issue

*enjoy each day no matter what

*love

*get back into running/races

and oh so many more... 2008 was an interesting year, good times and bad times... here's to hoping for a better 2009!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I like your lessons learned. As always, you remain my wisest friend. :o)

canohappiness said...

lol... that is scary! Nah, thank you... I really have learned a lot this year, now I just hope I can make the changes neccessary ya know?