Thursday, January 15, 2009

Fingerpaints


I made some homemade fingerpaints last week and I thought that Liane would be all over it... well I guess I have a clean girl (so far) and she really wanted nothing to do with it... so I played with it instead. Oh well. Im sure one day I wont be able to stop her! So easy to make though!!
Fingerpaint
3 tbs sugar
1/2 cup cornstarch
2 cups cold water
food coloring
Mix the first two ingredients and then add water until blended. Heat in pan until the mixture is opaque in color ( it will thicken up - it will be obvious when it is done) Divide mixture into 4 or 5 portions and add a different food coloring to each. Let cool a bit. ( I put these in my old washed out sour cream or yogurt containers - anything plastic with lid... and keep them out on the counter or closet to store. I tried keeping it in the fridge, but it gels up and you have to microwave it to get it soft again) Either way works!

No comments: