Monday, April 27, 2009

The beginnings of my new garden space


We make a good team! For one of the first times I did the heavy lifting, moving and demo, while Salomon did the clean up/detail work (which was not easy by any means). My brother Ken built us a garden box that has 5 separate areas (of which I am SO excited about!). We put it in the same area we have always planted our garden, but we just made it bigger and more organized (i.e. the box). Concrete had to be moved and torn out, grass had to be cut and removed (which I did by jumping on the shovel to lift the grass - a video of that would have been nice) and leveling needed to happen. All of that was accomplished today and then we move to phase two of filling it with soil and then planting!! Yeah!! I love Spring! Thanks to my fantastic helpers... hubby and Liane!! You both are amazing!

2 comments:

Erin said...

You are one hard-workin' woman! This is totally what I want to do once we finally get a house. I think having fresh fruit and veggies would be fabulous.

Brad and Mo Petersen said...

Nice work on the garden. We started ours a few weeks ago but I just haven't had a chance to put the pics up on the blog. Looks like you guys had fun getting it all together!