Saturday, March 20, 2010

First dentist visit!!

I took Liane to see the dentist - Dr. Jensen - for the first time on Thursday. We have been talking it about it for a week or so to prepare her for the big day. I knew going into it she wasnt going to be thrilled with the visit, but I tried to make it sound as pleasant as possible. She really did very well all things considered. She cried, which actually made things easier (mouth wide open), but calmed down as soon as the cleaning was done. The staff was super sweet and explained to her everything that they were doing and even let her hold some of the tools. She really enjoyed that part. She cried again once the dentist came to look at her teeth and completely lost it once they put floride in her mouth which was SUPER STICKY ( I couldnt even wipe it off with a wipey). She kept crying and saying "Its spicy!!" Poor thing! The staff gave her lots of fun little things to reward her with a job well done (and to help calm her down :-) At the end she got a token that she was able to use to get a toy out of a machine with. She is still talking about that (oh and about the fact that they put something sticky in her mouth and she cried lol). To reward her (and get the sticky stuff out of her mouth) I took her out to lunch and let her play. Really she did a great job and we get to do it all again in 6 months - woo hoo!! :-) Check out the loot she walked away with!! Good job Liane!!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

LOL, Liane really does look thrilled with her loot. So adorable! If it makes her feel any better, I have a pretty similar reaction to my visits to the dentist. Not a fan!

canohappiness said...

Oh I feel the same way... I would rather go to ANY other doctor than the dentist! lol