Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thank you Liane today for...


Thank you sugar for being so good today. Thank you for playing so nicely while mommy had to bake what felt like 5000 cookies for the Cookie Exchange she had to go to tonight. Thank you for holding out the 2.5 hours it took me to do so! Thank you for tasting my cookies and liking them - at least the first one you tried (the second one was rolled over by your toy car repeatedly and therefore broken into many little pieces that I had to clean up, but I was grateful to do so since it meant that I had to stop what I was doing and come down to the floor and spend some one on one time with you). Thank you for taking a nap this morning which meant that I could eat a bagel, take a shower, check my email, print off the recipe for and bag the 5000 cookies for tonight. Thank you for again being so amazing while you ate all of your yummy lunch mommy made you so that you can grow up healthy and strong, but also that allowed me to then start on the dinner that I had to make for Grandma/Grandpa Cano, Aunt Lilly/Uncle Carlos, Daddy, Mommy and you. Thank you for coming into the kitchen with me -since I couldn't come to the living room with you- to spend time with me and go through all of the pots and pans and spices that you could get your sweet little hands on. Thank you for the mess that I once again got to clean up since that meant that I could take another welcome break (you know, your mommy has a hard time stopping once she gets started and you sometimes need to help mommy remember to take a breather every once and a while). Thank you for being such a trooper as mommy finished the soup, lasagna and dishes for what felt like the 10th time. I think mommy lost a layer of skin today on her hands from the 1000 times she washed them. Thank you for wanting to hold my hand anyway. Thank you for getting so excited and yelling "yeeeeaaaaahhhh" when I asked you if you wanted to go outside and check the mail with me. Thank you for reminding mommy that it is the simple things that can bring such joy and happiness. Thank you for playing outside with mommy and helping bring the trashcans up for daddy. Thank you for taking another nap today that made it possible for mommy to clean up and eat a quick lunch. Thank you after all of this craziness today, for letting mommy go to the temple with daddy while Grandma Cano watched you. Thank you for being such a good girl for your Grandparents. You make it possible for daddy and I to go to the temple weekly, and if I can teach you nothing else, I hope I can teach you the supreme importance of attending the temple as often as you can. And if that was not enough for you to do for mommy today, thank you for again letting mommy leave and go to the Cookie Exchange. I know you wanted mommy to stay and hold you and trust me sugar, I wanted to do the same, but you see, I made 5000 cookies today that needed to leave our home immediately and I had to go. Thank you for being so good even though you were tired and ready for bed. Thank you for waiting up for me and for the sweet smile you get when I walk in the door. Thank you for the simple little "up" you say when I come upstairs after being gone. Thank you for laying your head on my shoulder and hugging me when I come home and pick you up. Thank you for wanting to be close to me. Thank you for being so fantastic at going to bed and falling asleep. Thank you for sleeping through the night. Thank you mostly for loving me, trusting me, and for being the most amazing daughter any mommy could have!! I love you with all of my heart and soul and will for all eternity (and thats a long time!! :-) I love you Liane!! xoxo

No comments: