Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Im starting it again...

Running. Shortly after I had Liane, Salomon and I started training for and completed the Salt Lake City Half Marathon and we LOVED it!! The running bug bit us and we have been wanting to get back into it since then. Well Salomon is now training for the Park City Marathon (the full one!) in August while I have been sitting back thinking to myself... "that looks fun and all, but I wont concern myself with really getting back into running since we are trying to get pregnant and I will probably get prego soon so.... " Well "so" is right! I have come to learn over and over that God has different timing than me. I have held myself back hoping for one thing (which has not come to pass) when all the while I could have been doing something good for my health and spirit. Shame on me! So come what may, I am starting running again and am going to sign up for a race or two (just 5k's or 10k's for now) and take it from there. Im super excited and know that God does have a plan for me, will bless me with more children, but first things first, or, in the meantime, do something fun! :-)

6 comments:

Ness said...

I have to agree with you on that one. Seriously, I have a four year old and I am barely prego. Talk about a different plan. Keep running it feels great and if you are already doing it, studies show it will not harm the baby. My problem is I stopped so I could get prego and did not get prego. Now that I am prego I want to run but the body does not agree. Good luck! With the races and the baby making.

canohappiness said...

Yes, I could not agree more! Thanks for understanding - I dont feel as silly now :-) Im super excited for you guys though - even though you are not able to get back into running as you would like... you will again I am sure!

Campbell Clan said...

I hear you. Ron and I wanted our kids close together. We have been trying for 22 cycles with no success. At this point, even if I got pregnant today, they would be almost 3 1/2 years apart. I should have figured that it would be tough, considering it took us over 2 years the first time. Good luck with everything.

canohappiness said...

Thank you! Even though Im sorry its been tough for you as well, it kinda helps me to know that I am not the only one who struggles with getting prego (mind you it didnt take TOO long with Liane and hopefully wont with the next one, but waiting and wondering is still difficult). Good luck to you as well!!

Brad and Mo Petersen said...

I want to live closer to you (to be read in a whinning voice). I started running again. I've decided to attempt a 1/2 marathon in Mesquite in November but I am having trouble getting motivated to run everyday. I do so much better with a buddy. Even if we don't run at the same pace (you kick my butt!) or the same distance, it's still nice to start out with someone. It's just easier to get going when you know someone else is planning on sweating along with you. DANG!!!!

canohappiness said...

I know I wish we lived closer too... I remember the times we went to the high school track in SD to run... good times... really helps to have someone counting on you to go with them - gets my butt in gear. Im glad you are running again though and Im super excited for you and the half marathon! You will rock it! I will be running either the 10k or half on the 24th of July in SLC... I need a short term goal to stay focused lol.