Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cancer

So my life has been crazy this year. So many things have gone on that have left my mind spinning, my heart aching, and my emotions fragile to say the least. Through it all I have been blessed to have an eternal perspective that helps calm me down and brings peace to me and I have been blessed with a wonderful supportive husband and friends. Life throws many twists and turns and I am still learning how to roll with it all. In the midst of all this, we found out last week that my mom has cancer. A blood cancer. She has been through so much already this year with her multiple surgeries and hospitalizations (hip replacements, broken femur, infections and kidney problems). Cancer was not what we were expecting next. There is no cure but it is treatable and chemo treatments are underway. She is handling those well, but most of all she is handling this diagnosis amazingly. My mom is amazing! She is the strongest person I know. She has a strong testimony and relationship with her Father in Heaven and Savior Jesus Christ. They have prepared her for this and are helping her carry the burdens placed on her. She is doing well and for that I am so grateful. I worry, Im sad, I want this to go away (along with a handful of other problems), but I too have been blessed through this and I know that God is in control. My test is to align my will with His - no matter what it is. My mom is a fighter and I will fight with her.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Wow, Vanessa, I'm so sorry. I don't know how you're keeping such a remarkable attitude. You, your mom, and the rest of your family will be in my prayers.