Sunday, March 15, 2009

Liane's first day of Nursery!

Well Liane turned 18 months yesterday ( I cannot believe it!) and for those of you who are LDS, you know that this is a milestone in a childs life... they are now able to enter nursery for the first time! (nursery is a class at church for children 18 months - 3 years old). I knew she would have no problem going into nursery ( she already knows a few children in there - one being her cousin Ivy), but I wondered how well she would do with the fact that she would be in there for 2 hours. Well as most kids, she did well for the first little bit, then she realized I was STILL gone, cried, got held by one of the teachers, fell asleep for 20-30 mins, and woke up to enjoy the rest of the class. She played with toys ( babies of course... the first thing the teachers said to me was "she must play with babies at home"), ate snack (no surprise), and made a cute cereal necklace of which she nibbled at throughout the rest of the day. She was happy to see me when I came in to pick her up (she almost cried which of course broke my heart), but I could tell that she had a good time. Its an adjustment, but she adjusts well and I know she will enjoy going to nursery again and again. She is growing up so fast and we are enjoying every moment of it!

1 comment:

Brad and Mo Petersen said...

Holy cow...where does the time go? Getting so big!