Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My creations

Gingerbread spice cake (with broccoli and carrot)
Oatmeal cookies (with zucchini and banana)
Oatmeal Cookies:
Nonstick cooking spray
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup oats
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp cinnamon
¾ cup firmly packed light or dark brown sugar ( I use organic brown sugar)
6 tbsp trans-fat-free soft tub margarine spread, chilled
½ cup banana puree
½ cup zucchini or carrot puree
1 large egg white
Raisins and nuts optional (1/2 cup of each)

Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat two baking sheets with cooking spray.

In a bowl combine the flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and stir to mix.

In a large bowl, beat the sugar and margarine with a wooden spoon until just combined – do not overmix. Add the banana and zucchini or carrot purees and the egg white, and stir just to blend. Add the flour mixture, raisins and nuts (if desired) and stir to combine.

Drop the dough by heaping tablespoonful onto the baking sheets, leaving about 1 inch in between. Bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 4-5 minutes, just until they are firm enough to handle, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.

Blackberry oatmeal bars (with spinach)


Here are some of my creations from the class I taught at church last week on "healthy snacks"... yummy!
Ok for those of who who are confussed... long story short, but I steam, puree, and freeze in 1/2 cup portions, many fruits and veggies and then "hide" them in the foods I make. I also use wheat flour, whole grains and organic sugar in all of my cooking. These are just a few of my creations (ok well I got the recipe for these, but I do tweek them as I go). :-)
I didnt have the other recipes already typed up, so if you want them, just let me know!

2 comments:

Ness said...

wow! You are so creative. I am impressed. I should try hiding more fruits and veggies in foods.

canohappiness said...

Seriously it has changed the way I cook forever... I love it! Try it and you will see... you will be hooked too!! :-)