Thursday, July 31, 2008

The second tooth, standing, and Sister Stevens

This is a pic of Salomon, Liane and Sister Stevens about 4 months ago... what a neat lady!! An inspiration!



So yesterday Liane's second tooth finally broke through... poor lil thing has had a hard time teething, although this one was WAY better than the first. At least this time she was still sleeping well at night and eating and playing as usual... thankgoodness! Gives me some hope for the rest of her teeth (but I am not holding my breath :-) Liane's new thing now is standing up... well she has been doing that since she could crawl (pull herself up to stand), but I mean stand up from a sitting position and hold it there for a while. She has always had amazing balance so I knew when she started to stand on her own she wouldnt have any problems. So what, I guess the next step is actually walking huh? Wow- it is so fun to watch her reach all of these milestones! She is a strong, healthy and happy little girl - what more could a mom want right? :-)


Last night Salomon, Liane and I went to visit Sister Stevens... she celebrated her 92 birthday this week and we wanted to pay her a visit. Sister Stevens is the woman whom Salomon lived with when he first moved to the states from Mexico City when he was 16. She and her husband met Salomon and his family when they were serving one of their missions in the Mexico City temple and when they returned home they offered to let Salomon live there with them so he could go to school and learn the English language. What a blessing that was for Salomon and his family - it opened the door for all of them to so many great things. Sister Stevens lives alone now - he husband died a few years back. She is an amazing woman. At 92 she still drives, attends the temple, goes to the "beauty shop", to her granddaughters volleyball games, and loves to garden. She is a faithful strong woman and very witty I might add. We adore her and try to pay her a visit whenever we can. She is like another greatgrandmother to Liane.

2 comments:

Tara said...

yeah welcome the the blogging world it's so addicting so watch out!!!! I love it then I can keep updated on the Cano Family!

Anonymous said...

Well, first of all - I remember giving birth to you at 7:40 P. M December 25th 1976. I remember you looking at me from the basinette they put you in - so sweet!
I remember you listening to my adult conversations through the heater vent when you were supposed to be playing.
I remember all the vocal music concerts and most of all - the tours - especially NY! That's where you pulled me away from the toothless old man that was hitting on you guysbefore I could do damage.
I remember you stopping me in the hall before I could get out of the house to "take care" of the woman that supplied a place for your brother to get drunk. (Courageous girl, you are!)
I remember our infamous walk down Eddy street in the Tenderloin District of SF. ("Oh, ladies...you're in the WRONG PLACE")
And of course NAILS, COPS, AND SUPER MEX (Or Queen's Kitchen)
I remember you holding your own baby girl and then giving you the letter I wrote you when you were three weeks old that I'd saved for 30 years'til you had your first child.
I remember you, Ken, and Mo tricking me into thinking Buddy pooped in the house when the smell was actually "something else" ("Oh I smelt it!").
Wow...I could go on, but lets save some for another time.