Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thankful

Ok so I was thinking of Thanksgiving and all of the things I am so thankful for this year - or just in general- and I decided to make a list of them to share with you all... in no particular order...

*My Heavenly Father for His love, mercy, for knowing who I am, what I need, and when I need it

*Jesus Christ - truly my Savior, Friend, Comforter

*the spirit that guides me and helps me make correct decisions and helps me gain an eternal perspective when I need it

* my sweet husband - i love waking up each morning to see him lying next to me - safe and sound. To know that he gets to work safely and back home again each night is truly a blessing from above of which I am so grateful for.

*my amazing daughter - to see her smile, hear her laugh, watch her grow, to hear her cry for I know that she is blessed with good strong lungs and is alive and well :-) To have the blessing of being her mommy, to teach her and love her and raise her. To always have her as my daughter and best friend!

*family - the wonderful parents that I have - so selfless, loving, and hard working. Who love unconditionaly and allow us to be who we are and allow God to work the miracles He has for us in our lives. My brothers, so funny, smart. Who are protective and respectful of me. For sister in laws that are good, righteous, strong women, a brother in law that is a good hard working man, and mother/father in law that are righteous people who love us

* life in general - my life, lives of my family members, and all of Gods creations (ok maybe not cockroaches :-)

*the gospel

*faith that sustains me, prayer that comforts me and guides me and blesses me and others

*miracles - they do still happen and I have come to expect them because I know that God still lives and blesses His children

*love, charity, service for others - not only blesses those whom you serve, but yourself as well

*temples and geneology - so amazing to do the work for ourselves and family who have passed on

*scriptures - fill me with the spirit and gives me answers to the questions I have - it never fails!

*the safety my loved ones and I are blessed with everyday. I know that is no small thing and I thank God for it everyday!

*health - generally speaking we are all healthy and well

*home - there truly is no place like it and I do my best to make "home a heaven on earth"

*repentance/forgivness - where would I be without it? I dont want to know. How thankful I am that all the dumb things I do can be forgotten and erased... if I could only forget them :-)

*progression/growth/trials - we are sent trials to help us learn and grow and I am so thankful when God lets me know He thinks its time for me to do some learning and changing - tough but so worth it

*laughter - such good medicine - so thankful I have a sense of humor and can laugh at life - and people sometimes ;-)

*knowledge that keeps me learning and growing and expanding my horizons

*seasons - certainly designed by God - beautiful!

*warmth - oh how nice it is to not be cold!

*friends who help lift when sad, share joys and sorrows, create memories with. I have been blessed with so many great friends!

*children- we have so much we can learn from them, we truly should be more like them

*books - I love to read and am thankful for people who were blessed with the ability to write - to take us to other places mentally and who help us with all of those amazing "self help" books :-)

*nicknames- um seriously what would I do if I couldnt call Liane "peanut", "monkey boo", "sugar", or "love bug", Salomon "bebe", my brother Jake "Beans", my mom "Mamacita", my dad "Pappy", my neices Koral and Ivy "Koral Boral/ Monkey" and "Ivy-kins", my friend Melissa "Mel", Stacey "Ace", Erin "Ewin", or if no one called me "Ness", "Sessa", or "Baby"???? Really, I just dont want to think about it ;-)

*surprises - how fun to create them and to have one given to you... fun for all

*the ability to walk - what a wonderful way to release energy and to get exercise and not to mention get from place to place

*beach/ocean - gorgeous and relaxing - what else can I say?

*common sense - I think I have it of which I am grateful for and wished that others had more of it ;-)

*sight - what a blessing!! what would I do if I couldnt see my hubby or daughter again?? So grateful for that beautiful gift!

*traveling - oh how I love to do it. How great to see other places of the world... we then realize how small we are in the grand scheme of things

*goodness of others- I am thankful for others who see a need and meet it - keeps peace, bulids friendships and makes the world go round

*law of tithing- its a principal with a promise for sure - we have never gone without and have always had more than what we need

*holidays/food - make my heart happy

*traditions- so fun, helps to create memories and binds family

*creativity - what a wonderful way to express oneself and have fun - its theraputic

*music- has the power to uplift and touch hearts

*exercise - I need more of it and feel so amazing when I can do it

*nursery manual and Ensign magazine - help me teach the gospel to Liane and gives me insight and strength

*massages- who doesnt love those? I am grateful for the relaxation they give me and the tension they release! Hint hint hubby! ;-)

*sour candy & pickles- makes my mouth water just thinking about them


Ok that is all for now... and I will spare you with the rest... but I am so thankful truly for everything that I have and for who I am.

No comments: